Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MIA

It is my regret that I played no part in brilliance of of Chancellorsville. I myself was stationed at Suffolk, where I besieged the Union garrison of my own accord for the first time in my military career, though this led to my absence at the pivotal events in Chancellorsville for which I berate myself endlessly. With elation, I marvel at the tactical directs of my General Lee which engendered victory in the face of dismal numbers. Manned with less than half of that which Hooker commands, Lee undertook a rather risky strategy where his minimal force was split into groups, the most notable of which furthered undetected to envelop the Union lines. However, these victories fade in the sacrifice of men I have grown more than accustomed to. Jackson's audacious personality and leadership will be forever mourned, and it is with his stone will that we continue the struggle. My experiences at Suffolk have given light to new initiatives which I will propose to Lee for our summer campaign. Though our numbers are small, I believe that utilizing our interior lines to the fullest may prove a formidable front in every theater.

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=ZJlm7AQK-T4C&oi=fnd&pg=PA299&dq=longstreet+suffolk&ots=10OSclWxXu&sig=XFBtGLIezfgPg_kkcwdh8tskeTw

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=0rKEFS6b-oMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA9&dq=battle+of+chancellorsville&ots=IRIJj3BImR&sig=kn36n6Wb2LBIplvTnQSLk6hKCc0

No comments:

Post a Comment