Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It was Inevitable

I can only heave an exasperated sigh as the headline breathes my darkest fears. While the secession of South Carolina itself caused quite an uproar, it can only be viewed as the passing of an eventual fate. However, with the firing of the mortar heard round the nation, tensions have built to an irreconcilable state. The final whispers of peace between Beauregard and Anderson stands paramount as example of the state of matters and their possibility of amelioration.
Fort Sumter, subject of South Carolina, found itself under the sword of foreign influence, a Yankee no less. Though suspicions swirl within my mind as to their intent for their location, the most damning of infringements lies in their disregard for their "hosts", if indeed they can be called so. Subject to the rule of South Carolina herself, the occupants dare turn cheek to the babe mouth of the Confederacy where respect is warranted. In this, I myself could think of no other line of action when confronted with persisting misconduct of the utmost degree.
My heart and musket lie with the basic belief of our autonomy. If acknowledgment is not forthcoming, then it must be won. Though in my deepest depths i abhor the idea of taking arms against my brethren, I fight for those whom stood by me through childhood, West Point, and still thrive today.
Think nothing of me but loyalty Alabama.


http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=F1HXE5nmsWkC&oi=fnd&pg=PR9&dq=james+longstreet&ots=70x4mjrAvC&sig=fP21HO6e3beLQcJuZSk16Cmu990

http://www.classbrain.com/artteenst/publish/article_90.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment